Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed January 15, 2014
Millikin Choir Weekend Concert In Springfield
The Millikin University Choir makes another appearance in Springfield this weekend. The concert will take place Sunday January 19 at the Central Baptist Church at 501 S. Fourth Street.
Under the direction of Dr. Brad Holmes, the nationally recognized choir travels across the country and has performed abroad.
But central Illinois is home base.
"They've gone to the American Choral Directors Association annual meeting again and again. Every time they do, they get standing ovations for this choir from a relatively small university," Phil Maxwell said. Maxwell is choir director at the church.
He says the performance is always well attended, so come early to get a seat. The event is free. It starts at 2:30 p.m.