- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Wed January 15, 2014
Millikin Choir Weekend Concert In Springfield
The Millikin University Choir makes another appearance in Springfield this weekend. The concert will take place Sunday January 19 at the Central Baptist Church at 501 S. Fourth Street.
Under the direction of Dr. Brad Holmes, the nationally recognized choir travels across the country and has performed abroad.
But central Illinois is home base.
"They've gone to the American Choral Directors Association annual meeting again and again. Every time they do, they get standing ovations for this choir from a relatively small university," Phil Maxwell said. Maxwell is choir director at the church.
He says the performance is always well attended, so come early to get a seat. The event is free. It starts at 2:30 p.m.