Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Around the Nation
Wed March 12, 2014
Milkshake Mission Lands Car In Snowbank
Originally published on Wed March 12, 2014 6:32 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
A teenager in Michigan just wanted a milkshake. She and a cousin went to McDonald's, but it was closed. They used their GPS, found another McDonald's 12 miles away, also closed. The next McDonald's no longer existed. Around this point, their car got caught in a snow bank. Worried family members called police, who searched for hours. The cousins spent the night in the car, and walked to a business in the morning to call for help.
They may have had that GPS, just no cell phone. Turned into quite a McFiasco.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.