Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu May 1, 2014
Mi Casa Es Tu Casa: Los Romanticos De Zacatecas
Originally published on Tue July 8, 2014 12:23 pm
Ever since I moved to Mexico City, I've been overwhelmed by the amount of music at my fingertips. I'm not just talking about amazing concerts: So many artists from all over Latin America live here in Mexico, and I love being here to check in on their creative process.
We started the series Mi Casa Es Tu Casa with Fusion based on that concept; the idea of catching musicians in their most comfortable setting, and having them go beyond performances and into the DNA of their art.
Today, Alt.Latino and Fusion kick off the series with a band called Los Romanticos de Zacatecas, whose members are as fun as they are talented. The group, which combines lovesick doo-wop with garage-rock humor, recently invited us into its house for beers, conversation (including a lesson in the history of Zacatecas) and, of course, great music.
Producers: Jasmine Garsd, Mito Habe-Evans, Diana Oliva Cave; Audio Engineer: Omar Morales; Editor: Mito Habe-Evans; Supervising Producer: Jessica Goldstein; Executive Producers: Anya Grundmann, Mark Lima