Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Sat March 22, 2014
Messing With Texas: Alt.Latino's Favorite Music From SXSW 2014
If you've ever wondered how Felix Contreras and I sound when we're happy but exhausted — and stuffing our faces with Texas barbecue — then this is the episode you've been waiting for.
Once we'd had our fill of music at SXSW in Austin, Texas, we somehow managed to trek up a hill — it was a small hill, but we where so tired, even Felix's sumptuous salt-and-pepper mane was falling flat — to Franklin's Barbecue.
We decided to turn our tape recorders on as we gracelessly chomped, chewed and, of course, talked about what makes our mouth water the most: great music.
Did you go to SXSW? Tell us about your favorite discoveries.