Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri November 22, 2013
Memoryhouse On World Cafe
World Cafe's Sense of Place visit to Toronto continues with a session from Memoryhouse, the duo of singer Denise Nouvion and composer-arranger Evan Abeele. When Memoryhouse formed in 2009, Nouvion, who had a background as a photographer, hadn't sung much. Abeele, on the other hand, had studied classical composition.
The two released a well-received dream-pop debut in 2012, titled The Slideshow Effect. A lot has changed since then, including Nouvion's increased confidence as a vocalist and Abeele sharing songwriting responsibility with the singer. Listeners will hear a set of new songs in this episode, as the duo works toward a new album.