Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- Illinois Supreme Court Strikes Down Pension Law
Tue January 7, 2014
Memorial's Ed Curtis On Passavant Partnership
Passavant Area Hospital in Jacksonville could soon be affiliated with Memorial Health System, which already oversees hospitals in Springfield, Taylorville and Lincoln.
The Passavant Board has agreed to partner with Memorial, pending regulatory approval.
Ed Curtis is Memorial Health System President and CEO. Curtis says the Affordable Care Act will require more changes among health providers. "If I could summarize this significant piece of legislation into a sentence, I'd say we are going to treat more people and do it at a substantially lower cost while delivering higher levels of quality."
Memorial Health System could add Passavant to it's roster in the next few months. Passavant Hospital in Jacksonville 900 full and part time employees and 93 inpatient beds.
Curtis says he sees no problems for those who already use the Jacksonville hospital. "In think we want to assure the community that it's the same Passavant Area Hospital, the same medical staff, the same employees. And they are going to continue to get the great care from the physicians they trust in their community. No changes are expected there," he said.