Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu November 21, 2013
Members Of 'Lonely Craft' Gather For National Book Awards
Originally published on Thu November 21, 2013 5:55 am
James McBride won the National Book Award for fiction Tuesday for "The Good Lord Bird," about a young slave who meets and travels with abolitionist John Brown. The nonfiction award was won by George Packer for "The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America." The poetry award was won by Mary Szybist for "Incarnadine."