Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu August 22, 2013
Medical Marijuana Business Symposium This Weekend
Illinois recently approved the use of medical marijuana. For some, this is a health issue. For others, it's business.
The National Cannabis Industry Association is hosting a day long event Saturday in the Chicago area to prepare investors and entrepreneurs about the emerging opportunity.
Chris Bochenski is with Quantum 9, a medical marijuana consulting and technology firm.
"The passing of this bill has generated significant curiosity," Bochenski said. "I think one of the good things about the Illinois bill is it's fostering a local economy. It's going to be for Illinois-based businesses."
Read Illinois' medical marijuana law here