Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
The Checkout: Live
Wed March 26, 2014
Matthew Stevens Group: Live At Berklee
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Of the young guitarists on New York's jazz scene, few are as highly tipped as Matthew Stevens. Best known for his role in Christian Scott's quintet, he's often drafted to execute the new visions of his peers, but also gets calls from veteran musicians like Terri Lyne Carrington and Dr. Lonnie Smith. Stevens also has a knack for writing and arranging, and will soon unveil his own debut recording as a bandleader.
He returned to his alma mater, where he graduated summa cum laude, for this edition of The Checkout: Live At Berklee. The Matthew Stevens Group performed in a live video webcast and radio broadcast.
- "Woodwork" (Stevens)
- "Sequel" (Stevens)
- "Star LA" (Stevens)
- "Sunday" (David Bowie)
- "Ashes" (Stevens)
- Matthew Stevens, guitar
- Gerald Clayton, piano
- Vicente Archer, bass
- Eric Doob, drums
- Paulo Stagnaro, percussion