- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Inspector General Discloses Political Hiring Investigation
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
The Checkout: Live
Wed March 26, 2014
Matthew Stevens Group: Live At Berklee
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Of the young guitarists on New York's jazz scene, few are as highly tipped as Matthew Stevens. Best known for his role in Christian Scott's quintet, he's often drafted to execute the new visions of his peers, but also gets calls from veteran musicians like Terri Lyne Carrington and Dr. Lonnie Smith. Stevens also has a knack for writing and arranging, and will soon unveil his own debut recording as a bandleader.
He returned to his alma mater, where he graduated summa cum laude, for this edition of The Checkout: Live At Berklee. The Matthew Stevens Group performed in a live video webcast and radio broadcast.
- "Woodwork" (Stevens)
- "Sequel" (Stevens)
- "Star LA" (Stevens)
- "Sunday" (David Bowie)
- "Ashes" (Stevens)
- Matthew Stevens, guitar
- Gerald Clayton, piano
- Vicente Archer, bass
- Eric Doob, drums
- Paulo Stagnaro, percussion