Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu April 17, 2014
Matrimony On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:37 pm
Matrimony make their first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Culture Center Theater in Charleston, W.Va.
A true family band, Matrimony is fronted by the husband and wife duo of Jimmy Brown and Ashlee Hardee Brown, along with Ashlee's brothers Jordan Hardee and CJ Hardee. Jimmy Brown was born in Northern Ireland and came to Charlotte, N.C. — where he met his wife and musical partner — via China. Melding rock, country, gospel and longstanding folk traditions from Ireland and North America, the group released its EP The Storm & The Eye in 2010. The group will release Montibello Memories May 6 and tour the U.S. for the remainder of the month.
- Southern Skies
- Mecklenburg County Jail
- Obey Your Guns
- See the Light