Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri March 28, 2014
Luray On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:44 pm
Luray makes its first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown.
The Americana collective is led by banjo player and singer Shannon Carey. Based near Washington, D.C., Carey comes from a musical Wisconsin family: Her brother Sean is drummer and supporting vocalist for Bon Iver.
Originally conceived as a bluegrass group, the ensemble evolved to incorporate a broad palette of instruments, including washy keyboards, pedal steel, drums and electric guitar. Luray's latest, The Wilder, was produced by Sean Carey. She's joined here by husband Gabriel Wisniewski on guitar, CJ Wolfe on drums, bassist Brain Cruse and keyboard player Sarah Gilberg. This set includes the song "The Reins," which was not heard during the radio broadcast.
- "Promise Of Lakes"
- "The Reins"