Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- Illinois Supreme Court Strikes Down Pension Law
Wed August 20, 2014
Lt. Gov. Simon Vies For Comptroller
Instead of hitting the campaign trail alongside Governor Pat Quinn, Lieutenant Governor Sheila Simon is running for state comptroller. The comptroller is the chief fiscal officer of Illinois. The office pays the state's bills and manages the hundreds of funds that make up the budget. Simon is challenging Republican incumbent Judy Baar Topinka. Simon recently sat down with us for this interview about the race: