Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu November 7, 2013
Lori McKenna On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 8:43 am
Lori McKenna headlines this episode of Mountain Stage, recorded live on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Grand Marais, Minn. One of Nashville's most in-demand songwriters — her songs have been covered by Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban — McKenna didn't play her first show until she was 27. Here, she's backed on stage by Mark Erelli on electric guitar.
In a special addition to Wednesday's set, Grammy-winning songwriter Jon Vezner follows McKenna with his song "Eden in Ireland." Vezner's accompanist, cellist Jeff Gilkinson (formerly of The Dillards), steps into the spotlight to wrap up the set with his song "Black & White."
- "How Romantic Is That"
- "Buy This Town"
- "Eden In Ireland"
- "Black & White"