Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu November 21, 2013
London Grammar On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon June 9, 2014 4:09 pm
World Cafe welcomes British trio London Grammar to WXPN's studios for Thursday's session. Vocalist Hannah Reid, guitarist Dan Rothman and multi-instrumentalist Dot Major initially met in 2009 as students at University of Nottingham.
London Grammar released its debut EP, Metal & Dust, in February; its full-length debut, If You Wait, followed in September. The album, with its trip-hop-influenced sound, peaked at No. 2 on the British charts. In the midst of a subdued and poignant live set, London Grammar's members tell an amusing story about how they first came together.