- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Thu November 7, 2013
Lipinski Wants Quarry Blast Investigated
U.S. Rep. Dan Lipinski has asked for a federal investigation into a quarry blast this week in suburban Chicago.
Lipinski has asked the U.S. Department of Labor and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to investigate the blast. It happened Monday at a company in McCook.
The congressman says he was in his Western Springs kitchen when his house shook for five seconds.
Lipinski says he wants to know if any laws or regulations were violated.
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says its inspection found no violations.
The U.S. Geological Survey reported the shaking measured magnitude 3.2. The agency first reported it was an earthquake but later said it was a quarry blast.