Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue May 27, 2014
Laura Cantrell On World Cafe
New York City singer-songwriter Laura Cantrell returns to World Cafe with songs from No Way There From Here — her first album of new material in eight years, though she released a well-received Kitty Wells tribute record in 2011.
Cantrell moved to New York to attend college and stayed there, taking a Wall Street job to finance her passion for country music, both as a performer and as a DJ with a popular show on the radio station WFMU. She's originally from Nashville, where she recorded the new album.