Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue May 27, 2014
Laura Cantrell On World Cafe
New York City singer-songwriter Laura Cantrell returns to World Cafe with songs from No Way There From Here — her first album of new material in eight years, though she released a well-received Kitty Wells tribute record in 2011.
Cantrell moved to New York to attend college and stayed there, taking a Wall Street job to finance her passion for country music, both as a performer and as a DJ with a popular show on the radio station WFMU. She's originally from Nashville, where she recorded the new album.