Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu March 13, 2014
Latin Roots: Grupo Fantasma
We had a great choice for our Latin Roots segment of Sense of Place: Austin. It's Grupo Fantasma, a nine-piece Latin band that formed in 2000. The band created their own path as a Latin funk orchestra. They became known along the way for backing many other performers from other genres, including GZA of Wu-Tang Clan and even Prince.
Grupo Fantasma received the Grammy in 2010 for Best Latin Rock, Alternative or Urban Album for El Existential. They have a new album already recorded and set to go for later this year. We'll hear a set of those new songs.