Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed November 27, 2013
Latin Roots: Celebrating Thanksgiving With Flavor
Originally published on Fri November 29, 2013 1:33 pm
This episode of World Cafe is a special one: Thursday's Latin Roots episode coincides with Thanksgiving. For the occasion, we invited editor Judy Cantor-Navas of Billboard magazine to play some of her favorite Latin songs about food. As she puts it, these are songs with "sabor" — flavor. In this case, the selected songs may also feature double entendres. Listeners will hear from El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, a band celebrating its 50th anniversary, as well as tunes from other artists.
Those with larger appetites can hear an extended playlist on Spotify.
Latin Roots on World Cafe is made possible by a grant from The Wyncote Foundation.