Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu August 22, 2013
LaHood To Be Guest Lecturer At Bradley University
Bradley University has revealed former U.S. Secretary of Transportation and congressman Ray LaHood's new role at the school's Institute for Principled Leadership in Public Service.
Bradley announced Wednesday that LaHood has been named an honorary senior distinguished fellow at the institute. In that role he's expected to be a guest lecturer for Bradley students and be part of public policy events on campus.
LaHood said he hopes the institute can help inspire a new generation of bipartisan leaders from his alma mater. LaHood graduated from the private Peoria university in 1971.
Institute Executive Director Brad McMillan noted LaHood is the only Bradley graduate to serve as a cabinet secretary.
LaHood was a Republican congressman from 1994-2008 and was part of President Obama's cabinet from 2009-2013.