Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri March 14, 2014
Kins On World Cafe
Our guests on the SXSW portion of our Sense of Place visit to Austin are the members of Kins. They're a band that seems to like the southern coast of whatever landmass they're on — originally from Melbourne, Australia, their home base is now Brighton, England.
Their sound has grown in a more electronic direction in a very organic way, and that's had a major effect on their songwriting. Their self-titled debut, released last year, has actually made more of an impact here in the States than in either the U.K. or Australia. We're live with them at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin during SXSW.