Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Fri February 28, 2014
Kincaid Police Chief Arrested
The Illinois State Police Friday arrested the Kincaid Village Chief of Police for official misconduct. According to a news release, investigators brought 45-year old Richard S. Adams into custody.
Authorities say the investigation revealed Adams was using his position to have repairs of his residence completed by village employees on village time.
The statement goes on to say the Christian County States Attorney Office and State Appellate Prosecutor Office filed charges and Adams was arrested and booked into the Christian County jail on one count of official misconduct. It adds the investigation is continuing and more charges are likely.
Adams had been put on administrative leave earlier in February.
This news comes about a week after the mayor of Kincaid, Doug Thomas, was arrested for violating and order of protection and drug possession. Thomas is free on bond and has told WICS TV he has no plans to step down.