Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Mon March 31, 2014
KEXP Presents: Pontiak
Originally published on Mon July 7, 2014 1:02 pm
The three brothers in the Southern rock band Pontiak could tear the roof off any coliseum with their arena-sized riffs. Hailing from rural Virginia, the Carney brothers — Van, Jennings and Lain — have crafted a long string of albums filled with fuzzy, feedback-laden neo-psych stoner jams since forming Pontiak a decade ago.
The Carneys consistently find the balance between sounding retro and sounding new, but on Innocence they expand their range by setting vocally driven melodic ballads against sludgy rockers. Here, Pontiak's members show off their chops by performing "It's the Greatest" live in the KEXP studio.