Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue March 11, 2014
KEXP Presents: Marissa Nadler
Originally published on Mon July 7, 2014 12:53 pm
Seattle embraced Boston-based artist Marissa Nadler as our own for her latest release, July, out now on Sacred Bones. Recorded in KEXP's backyard at Avast Studio with producer Randall Dunn (Earth, Sunn O)))), the album also features local luminaries Eyvind Kang, Steve Moore, Jay Kardong, and the guitar wizardry of Phil Wandscher, also known for his work with Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter. For this stripped-down, intimate in-studio session, Nadler and Wandscher were joined by singer and violist Nina Violet, and together they brought the otherworldly beauty and warmth of July back to Seattle on a chilly February afternoon.