Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed January 22, 2014
KEXP Presents: Joe Henry
Originally published on Mon July 7, 2014 12:42 pm
"If you're meaning to seduce anybody, you don't announce your intention," L.A. singer-songwriter Joe Henry joked when introducing his new song "Swayed." Nevertheless, he hooked us by the heart during a recent in-studio appearance.
It had been a while since we'd heard Henry's voice. As a Grammy-winning producer, he's worked with a long roster of A-list artists, including Solomon Burke, Madonna, Elvis Costello, Aimee Mann, Glen Hansard and Ramblin' Jack Elliott. As a musician, he's been a successful, genre-straddling artist for decades.
When he stopped by KEXP earlier this month, Henry wasn't even "out on the campaign trail" for a new album — though he does have one recorded and awaiting release, tentatively named Invisible Hour, and from which he performed a pair of songs — so we were thrilled that he "felt compelled to play" and share this incredible, intimate session.