Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon March 17, 2014
KEXP Presents: Cibo Matto
Originally published on Mon July 7, 2014 12:38 pm
It's been more than a decade since New York darlings Cibo Matto mixed up their unique batch of hip-hop-infused cocktail-pop. What have they been up to since their 1999 album, Stereo ★ Type A? With downcast eyes and a wink, vocalist Miho Hatori told KEXP, "Well, we were in jail." Bandmate Yuka Honda quickly picked up on the ruse, "We worked out ..." "... read lots of Bibles ..." "... learned how to cook with the smallest equipment."
While the "Cibo Matto" name may have been locked away awhile, these quirky, playful ladies showed their creative spirit is as free as ever with a set of songs from their new release, Hotel Valentine.