Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue June 10, 2014
Keb' Mo' On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 2:10 pm
Keb' Mo' appears on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown. Born Kevin Moore in Los Angeles, he first visited Mountain Stage nearly 20 years ago, around the time he first adopted the stage name he now uses. In the time since, he has won three Grammy Awards and become one of the world's most decorated living performers of blues and roots music.
His songs have been recorded by B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Dixie Chicks, Joe Cocker and Robert Palmer — and he's collaborated with Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Cassandra Wilson, Buddy Guy, Amy Grant, Solomon Burke and Little Milton. Keb' Mo' also performs the theme song for the hit sitcom Mike & Molly.
He performs here with his own band, which includes multi-instrumentalist Tom Shinness on everything from harp guitar — literally, half-harp, half-guitar — to cello, as well as drummer Casey Wasner. His latest album is titled Blues Americana.
- "Government Cheese"
- "Shave Yo' Legs"
- "The Old Me Better"
- "Somebody Hurt You"
- "The Worst Is Yet To Come"