- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Inspector General Discloses Political Hiring Investigation
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Tue June 10, 2014
Keb' Mo' On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 2:10 pm
Keb' Mo' appears on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown. Born Kevin Moore in Los Angeles, he first visited Mountain Stage nearly 20 years ago, around the time he first adopted the stage name he now uses. In the time since, he has won three Grammy Awards and become one of the world's most decorated living performers of blues and roots music.
His songs have been recorded by B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Dixie Chicks, Joe Cocker and Robert Palmer — and he's collaborated with Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Cassandra Wilson, Buddy Guy, Amy Grant, Solomon Burke and Little Milton. Keb' Mo' also performs the theme song for the hit sitcom Mike & Molly.
He performs here with his own band, which includes multi-instrumentalist Tom Shinness on everything from harp guitar — literally, half-harp, half-guitar — to cello, as well as drummer Casey Wasner. His latest album is titled Blues Americana.
- "Government Cheese"
- "Shave Yo' Legs"
- "The Old Me Better"
- "Somebody Hurt You"
- "The Worst Is Yet To Come"