Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri November 29, 2013
KCRW Presents: Darkside
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 12:41 pm
We were fortunate to welcome Darkside — a project comprised of producer Nicolas Jaar and multi-instrumentalist Dave Harrington — for their U.S. radio debut on Morning Becomes Eclectic. The duo had only played a handful of shows before arriving to KCRW, so we weren't sure what to expect. But it was immediately obvious that the project is rooted in live performance. Jaar explores beat production with deep bass hits allowing Harrington the space to riff and loop with his guitar. The result, as you can see in this expanded version of "Paper Trails" is a unique twist by two obvious talents.