Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Fri November 1, 2013
Jonathan Rundman On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 8:46 am
Jonathan Rundman makes his first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of the North House Folk School in Grand Marais, Minn. A native of the Finnish-American towns that dot Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Rundman moved to Chicago and began touring the country when he was 18.
Now based in the Twin Cities, the musician tips a hat to the area's summer insect infestation with the song "Sound of the Cicadas." He closes his set with "Librarian," an acoustic folk-rock number which pays tribute to that noble career path. He's joined on stage by Jake Armerding on fiddle and mandolin, along with guitarist Matt Patrick.
- "Flying On A Plane"
- "Sound Of The Cicadas"