Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz
Tue May 27, 2014
Jon Faddis On Piano Jazz
Jon Faddis is one of today's premier trumpet players and an accomplished teacher, composer, conductor and recording artist. Faddis consistently exemplifies an unparalleled range and dazzling technique, with a style that evokes Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis and Roy Eldridge.
On this episode of Piano Jazz, Faddis demonstrates his love for his mentor, Dizzy Gillespie, in performances of "Fiesta Mojo" and "Brother K." He plays flugelhorn for his own "Bass Squeezin'" and joins host Marian McPartland in performing Sonny Rollins' "St. Thomas."
Originally broadcast in 2004.