Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri November 15, 2013
Jimmy Webb On World Cafe
Singer-songwriter and composer Jimmy Webb appears on this special episode of World Cafe, as our Sense of Place: Toronto series continues. The multifaceted musician has written hits for the likes of The Supremes, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Art Garfunkel, Linda Ronstadt and Barbra Streisand.
At 21, Webb collected eight Grammy Awards for writing The 5th Dimension's major pop hit "Up, Up, and Away" and Glen Campbell's "By the Time I Get to Phoenix." Here, Webb discusses how he was inspired to write his award-winning songs — and he performs a six-song set that opens with a tune from his new album, Still Within the Sound of My Voice.