Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu November 14, 2013
Jeffrey Remedios & Kevin Drew On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri November 15, 2013 9:58 am
World Cafe's Sense of Place visit to Toronto continues with a discussion between host David Dye and the co-creators of the Canadian label Arts & Crafts: Jeffrey Remedios, formerly of Virgin Records, and Kevin Drew, co-founder of Broken Social Scene.
Arts & Crafts was initially launched as a vehicle for promoting Broken Social Scene's second album, You Forgot It In People, but it soon branched out to include the projects of individual artists within the band. Stars, Jason Collett, Feist and Apostle of Hustle were among the first Canadian music acts to release albums through Arts & Crafts in 2003.