Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed September 25, 2013
Jamie N Commons On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu September 26, 2013 11:01 am
It's a story we've heard before: The British singer enamored of American music makes it his own. In the case of our guest today, Jamie N Commons, he didn't have to do it from afar.
Commons was born in Bristol, England, but moved to Chicago when he was 7. That's where he soaked up all the blues and R&B he could; he'll tell us today about an Allman Brothers concert at an early age that made a major impression. He returned to the U.K. at 19 and now, at 24, has just released his second EP, Rumble and Sway.