Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue November 19, 2013
Jake Bugg On World Cafe
British sensation Jake Bugg, 19, visits WXPN's studios for Tuesday's installment of World Cafe. Bugg's self-titled debut topped the U.K. charts when it was released last year — and the success didn't stop there. The singer-songwriter was featured on the main stage at the Glastonbury Festival this year, and nominated for British Breakthrough Act at the 2013 Brit Awards.
A guitarist since he was 12, Bugg has already drawn numerous comparisons to Bob Dylan. Tuesday marks the release of Bugg's second studio album, Shangri La, but he performs material from its predecessor in today's session.
Available for download is a live performance of Bugg's hit single, "Lightning Bolt."