Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Tue December 17, 2013
J. Roddy Walston & The Business On World Cafe
J. Roddy Walston & The Business return to World Cafe for a new studio session. Originally formed in 2002, the Tennessee band began picking up speed after it relocated to Baltimore in 2004. On the upright piano, Walston shapes the group's style of infectious Southern rock.
The group recently released its third album, Essential Tremors, which was recorded at Soil of the South Studios in Georgia with Grammy-winning producer and engineer Mark Neill (The Black Keys) and Matt Wignall (Cold War Kids, Delta Spirit).
In a discussion with host David Dye, Walston explains that the new record was named for a medical condition from which he suffers.