Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri November 15, 2013
It's BatKid To The Rescue!
Miles Scott, 5, who in remission from leukemia, is having his wish to be “Batkid” granted by Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area and the city of San Francisco. If you’re on Twitter, you can follow the the hashtag #SFBatKid to see the updates, or you can watch the live stream.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation To Transform San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- See more photos (scroll down on the page)
ROBIN YOUNG, HOST:
And a quick note. In San Francisco, five-year-old Miles Scott, in remission from leukemia, is Batman today thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Meghna, I think he just rescued a woman tied up on the cable car tracks.
YOUNG: We'll link you to pictures at hereandnow.org. We heart San Francisco. From NPR and WBUR Boston, I'm Robin Young.
MEGHNA CHAKRABARTI, HOST:
I'm Meghna Chakrabarti. Holy radio show, Batman. This is HERE AND NOW.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "BATMAN THEME") Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.