Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Thu May 22, 2014
Instant Cat Celebrity Declines First Pitch Honor
Originally published on Thu May 22, 2014 8:18 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with a celebrity turn for a cat. Tara the cat saved a California boy from an attack by a dog. Surely, someone thought, a cat that fended off a dog could also throw the first pitch in a Minor League Baseball game. The Bakersfield Blaze wanted Tara to push a baseball dangling from a fishing line. But that's the deal with cats: The last thing they ever do is what you tell them.
Tara declined the honor, and the boy Tara saved threw the first pitch instead.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.