Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Around the Nation
Thu May 22, 2014
Instant Cat Celebrity Declines First Pitch Honor
Originally published on Thu May 22, 2014 8:18 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with a celebrity turn for a cat. Tara the cat saved a California boy from an attack by a dog. Surely, someone thought, a cat that fended off a dog could also throw the first pitch in a Minor League Baseball game. The Bakersfield Blaze wanted Tara to push a baseball dangling from a fishing line. But that's the deal with cats: The last thing they ever do is what you tell them.
Tara declined the honor, and the boy Tara saved threw the first pitch instead.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.