Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu October 31, 2013
Inmate Captured In Macon County
After a four-hour manhunt, authorities have recaptured an inmate who escaped from jail in Decatur just as he was to begin serving a prison sentence for aggravated battery.
Schuyler McCoy escaped from the Macon County Jail at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday by identifying himself to correctional officers as a different inmate who was in the process of being released on bond.
Macon County Sheriff Tom Schneider says a search began as soon as officers realized the error. U.S. Marshalls took part.
The (Decatur) Herald & Review reports (http://bit.ly/19enB5l ) that the 25-year-old had been in jail for about two months on charges of aggravated battery causing great bodily harm.
He was sentenced to three years in prison as part of a plea deal.
New escape charges are expected to be filed.