Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Lincoln Memorial Garden
Fri October 11, 2013
Indian Summer Festival & Updates From Lincoln Memorial Garden
Lincoln Memorial Garden & Nature Center may well be Springfield's most celebrated destination for nature-enthusiasts. With over 100 acres of wilderness and trails, it provides a serene landscape along Lake Springfield for residents and tourists to soak in some sun and fresh air, free of charge.
Earlier this year a new executive director stepped in when the previous one retired. And he's prepping for his first Indian Summer Festival - an annual event celebrating the beginning of fall with activities like pumpkin decorating as well as food and live entertainment. Joel Horwedel tells us what's in store this year for the fest and some changes at the garden:
"Indian Summer Festival: The Garden's annual festival held Oct. 12 and 13 from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. each day featuring food, crafts, entertainment and children's activities. Admission $5 per individual over 12 years, $3 for children 12 and under. Infants and toddlers under 2 are free." (lincolnmemorialgarden.org)