Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu August 22, 2013
Illinois State Fair Attendance Up
Illinois officials say this year's state fair had the highest attendance levels in more than a decade.
The governor's office says Thursday that more than 961,000 people attended the fair during its 11-day run this month.
That's up almost 5 percent from last year and the highest since 2002, when 1.2 million people went through the fair's gates.
Ticket sales for concerts at the fair's Grandstand topped $2 million, up more than 29 percent from last year to a new record. More than 53,000 fans attended concerts at this year's fair. The most popular performance was by country musician Toby Keith.
The fair ended Aug. 18.