Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri August 8, 2014
Illinois Posts Marijuana Patient Application Forms
Illinois posted applications for patients and caregivers in the new medical marijuana program, but doesn't want any submitted until Sept. 2.
The state posted application forms online Friday. Aspiring patients and caregivers must submit applications to be approved for a state-issued ID card. The card will permit them to purchase medical marijuana legally. Patients will need to submit a doctor's certification.
Officials expect a big response, so they decided to allow patients to apply for ID cards in two waves based on the first letter of their last names.
Patients whose last names begin with A through L and their caregivers can submit applications in September and October.
Patients whose last names begin with M through Z and their caregivers can submit applications in November and December.