Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon July 28, 2014
Illinois Farmers Market Prices Survey
The University of Illinois Extension Service is now regularly surveying prices at farmers markets around the state.
According to The News-Gazette in Champaign the surveys of 11 farmers markets around Illinois are being conducted as part of a three-state effort that includes Kentucky and Tennessee.
The weekly price surveys are being published on the University of Kentucky Center for Crop Diversification's website.
The idea is to give produce farmers an idea of what prices look like across the region.
Extension educator Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant said the price data should help farmers set prices at competitive levels.
Online: University of Kentucky price reports, www.uky.edu/Ag/CCD/ILfarmersmarket.html
This I Believe 2014