Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon July 28, 2014
Illinois Farmers Market Prices Survey
The University of Illinois Extension Service is now regularly surveying prices at farmers markets around the state.
According to The News-Gazette in Champaign the surveys of 11 farmers markets around Illinois are being conducted as part of a three-state effort that includes Kentucky and Tennessee.
The weekly price surveys are being published on the University of Kentucky Center for Crop Diversification's website.
The idea is to give produce farmers an idea of what prices look like across the region.
Extension educator Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant said the price data should help farmers set prices at competitive levels.
Online: University of Kentucky price reports, www.uky.edu/Ag/CCD/ILfarmersmarket.html
This I Believe 2014