Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu October 24, 2013
The Howlin' Brothers On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 9:38 am
The Howlin' Brothers make their first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Culture Center Theater in Charleston, W.V. A three-piece string band with drive and energy to spare, The Howlin' Brothers bring the roots and branches of traditional music into a sound uniquely their own. Ian Craft sings lead vocals, along with playing banjo and fiddle; Ben Plasse plays upright bass; and Jared Green rounds out the group on a well-worn acoustic guitar.
This performance includes Green's guitar-focused "Delta Queen," which was not heard during the radio broadcast of The Howlin' Brothers' performance.
- "Delta Queen"
- "Mama Don't You Tell Me"
- "Amanda Dawn/Charleston Chew"