Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu October 24, 2013
The Howlin' Brothers On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 9:38 am
The Howlin' Brothers make their first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Culture Center Theater in Charleston, W.V. A three-piece string band with drive and energy to spare, The Howlin' Brothers bring the roots and branches of traditional music into a sound uniquely their own. Ian Craft sings lead vocals, along with playing banjo and fiddle; Ben Plasse plays upright bass; and Jared Green rounds out the group on a well-worn acoustic guitar.
This performance includes Green's guitar-focused "Delta Queen," which was not heard during the radio broadcast of The Howlin' Brothers' performance.
- "Delta Queen"
- "Mama Don't You Tell Me"
- "Amanda Dawn/Charleston Chew"