Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
TED Radio Hour
Fri April 4, 2014
How Much Does Money Motivate Us?
Part 4 of the TED Radio Hour episode The Money Paradox.
About Daniel Pink's TEDTalk
Writer Daniel Pink explains why traditional rewards like money aren't always successful motivators.
About Daniel Pink
Daniel Pink has written several books on the changing world of the modern workplace. In his book A Whole New Mind, Pink identifies a sea change in the global workforce — the shift of an information-based corporate culture to one that's conceptual, where creativity and big-picture design dominates the landscape.
In the book Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, Pink uses 50 years of behavioral science to overturn the conventional wisdom about human motivation. His latest book is To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others.