Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu November 14, 2013
How It Sounds: To Be 31
Originally published on Thu November 14, 2013 1:16 pm
Kai McMurtry, 31, is a marketing specialist for a bicycle company. He lives with his wife, Elizabeth, in San Francisco. "I work mostly from home," Kai says, "cook vegan dinners with my wife and ride a bicycle everywhere I go."
What does your life sound like? Or your job? Or the place where you live? Please send a recording of four sounds that tell the story of your life or job or town — at this moment in time — to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, age and where you live. You may be contacted for a follow-up interview.
If you're not sure what to do, listen to stories other people have recorded on NPR's How It Sounds Page. And if you're not sure how to record your own sound story, please go to NPR's Tumblr for instructions.
The Protojournalist: Experimental storytelling for the LURVers — Listeners, Users, Readers, Viewers — of NPR. @NPRtpj