Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- UI Faculty Association President Calls Salaita Report A Game Changer
- Agencies To Ask For More, Rauner Says ... Without Giving An Opinion On If They Deserve It Or Not
- IIAA Teaches Life Skills Through Sports
- Parties' Power Grabs In Battle For Comptroller; Quinn Calls Legislators Into Special Session
Mon September 16, 2013
At The Hoogland: The War Of The Worlds, Season Tickets And More
Thanks to donations from the community, the Hoogland Center for the Arts in 2012 dodged foreclosure and landed on firmer financial ground.
That means the staff can now plan longer term. Executive Director Gus Gordon says he's now selling full season ticket packages for the very first time.
Gordon gave Peter Gray a tour of the building where he hosts performances he calls "By the people, for the people" - including the classic radio play The War Of The Worlds on its 75th Anniversary: