Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon August 11, 2014
A History Of Native American Healing
Native American culture is known for being particularly in tune with the natural world. This has translated to a long tradition of treating ailments with plants and herbal remedies. A presentation on Tuesday afternoon at SIU’s Pearson Museum in Springfield will feature multicultural educator, Arloa Wheeler. She’ll talk about medicine and Native American culture, and recently joined WUIS to tell us about it.
The presentation is Tuesday noon to 1.