Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Best Music Of 2013
Thu December 12, 2013
Heavy Rotation: Public Radio's Songs Of 2013
Originally published on Thu January 23, 2014 10:15 am
This audio is no longer available.
Our friends in the public radio system are some of the most open-minded listeners we know. Each month, our Heavy Rotation series brings you free downloads of what our fellow programmers and producers are experiencing on repeat.
To celebrate the best music of 2013, we've created a continuous playlist of songs compiled from Top 10s from around the country. Sample rock from KEXP in Seattle and World Cafe, jazz from New Jersey's WBGO and avant-garde classical music from New York's Q2, among others. Whether it's electronic music, country or a string quartet, you're sure to hear something you haven't heard before — which in turn ought to help you discover even more music in 2014.
Heavy Rotation is a monthly sampler of public radio hosts' favorite songs. Check out past editions here.