Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Best Music Of 2013
Thu December 12, 2013
Heavy Rotation: Public Radio's Songs Of 2013
Originally published on Thu January 23, 2014 10:15 am
This audio is no longer available.
Our friends in the public radio system are some of the most open-minded listeners we know. Each month, our Heavy Rotation series brings you free downloads of what our fellow programmers and producers are experiencing on repeat.
To celebrate the best music of 2013, we've created a continuous playlist of songs compiled from Top 10s from around the country. Sample rock from KEXP in Seattle and World Cafe, jazz from New Jersey's WBGO and avant-garde classical music from New York's Q2, among others. Whether it's electronic music, country or a string quartet, you're sure to hear something you haven't heard before — which in turn ought to help you discover even more music in 2014.
Heavy Rotation is a monthly sampler of public radio hosts' favorite songs. Check out past editions here.