Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu September 19, 2013
Grogan Says He's Best Qualified To Be Treasurer
A suburban Chicago Republican running for Illinois treasurer says he has the best qualifications for the job as an accountant and county auditor.
Bob Grogan of Downers Grove is the only 2014 opponent so far to House Republican Leader Tom Cross.
Grogan says he knows he doesn't have the name recognition that Cross does, but he's spent years straightening out public finances and wants to do the same for the state. Grogan is a certified public accountant who worked for a downtown Chicago firm. He's since been twice elected auditor of DuPage County.
Grogan also says name recognition can be a double-edged sword and raises questions about Cross' leadership. Cross launched his treasurer bid Wednesday. He says his background as a lawyer will help him be a fiscal watchdog.