Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Wed June 25, 2014
GOP Lawmaker Wants Quinn To Testify
A Republican lawmaker wants Gov. Pat Quinn to testify before a legislative commission over a scandal-plagued anti-violence program.
State Sen. Matt Murphy of Palatine is a frequent critic of Quinn. He claimed Wednesday that Quinn is ``hiding'' as an audit commission probes the Chicago Democrat's approximately $55 million Neighborhood Recovery Initiative.
A state audit has outlined ``pervasive'' problems with the 2010 program. Quinn says he addressed them, but the matter is also under inquiry by federal and Cook County authorities.
Commission member Republican Rep. Ron Sandack says no invitation has been sent to Quinn.
Quinn's spokesman says there's no investigation of Quinn and the governor shut down the program.
Also Wednesday, a key Democratic lawmaker signed two more subpoenas for former state officials to testify before the commission next month