- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Mon May 20, 2013
Germany May Have Paid A Price For Its Financial Power
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Germany paid a price for asserting its financial power. Germans, more than others, had to finance bailouts for countries like Greece, and imposed austerity measures in return. Those who disapprove may have struck back. People across the continent and beyond watched the Eurovision song contest.
The audience votes on the winner, and acts from Denmark won this year. But the German entry finished near the bottom, with most countries giving the Germans no points at all. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.